Thursday, December 17, 2009

A work-a-holic's dream

My life is booked. Yesterday I spent the majority of my day putzing around with all of the little pieces of homework. You know the things that should take like an hour, but when you have 4 of those little things for each class. A whole day later and I think the majority of the stuff is done. Now I can really focus on my ethics midterm. Yippee!

When life gets like this, I stress out about the littlest of things. Dinner is just a disaster. I was studying with a friend till 7 last night, got home around 8, and then had to find dinner. Thankfully I am a nut about saving leftovers.

I made my mom’s paprika potatoes on Monday night. They are just so tasty and I was roasting a chicken, so I decided that the oven was already going to be on for a while so I might as well go for it.

These potatoes are so good because they take some time. First I cubed up 3 large potatoes. I started a pot of water and when it came to a boil threw the potatoes in. I let them boil for maybe 10 minutes. The goal is not to cook the potatoes, but just to get them going. Then I drained the potatoes and threw them in a bowl where I tossed them with seasonings. I used paprika, Italian seasoning, basil, some garlic powder, adobo, and salt. Then I spread the potatoes out on a sheet pan and broke up a couple tablespoons of butter over them. I popped them into the oven while my chicken was roasting. The oven was set at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, but I bumped it up to 400 at the end so everything got nice and crispy. Stir the potatoes every 15 minutes or so. Towards the end make sure both sides are done and one side doesn’t get burned.

The best part of these potatoes is that they make a great omelet. If you are a normal person and have time for an omelet at breakfast, then they make a great breakfast. If you are like me, not-so-normal most of the time, they make a wonderful dinner. Throw the potatoes in the frying pan first so they have a chance to heat up. Add 3 eggs. I like to be real lazy and break up the eggs in the pan, but if you want to waste a bowl for whisking go for it. Add cheese at the end, and you will be full and happy.

Tonight I’m going to cut up the fudge I made Monday. Yeah I know better late than never. There will definitely be pictures and I’ll probably repost the recipe just in case you missed it. Hope your life is a little less stressful than mine right now.

Happy Eating!!!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment