Friday, December 18, 2009

First the Cookies Monster and now this!

I was reading the Metro this morning. It's a daily paper that gives me slightly more information than my NY Times and CNN headlines that I look at in my igoogle. It is ok though, because the Metro is my guilty little pleasure. I go to school with these elite newspaper people and I like the free sort-of-news I get every morning that I can read during my T ride. Stick it to the man, dude, stick it to the man!

So today I'm reading and happy and reading and happy and oh hey there Santa. Yes there amidst my guilty little pleasure was a paragraph about a study that said Santa's cookie habit was promoting obesity. I was devastated. I am so sick and tired of people pinning their fatness on cultural icons. Santa has been fat since Coca Cola created his image in 1931, and as I recall obesity wasn't that big of an issue in 1931.

Cookies and milk are fattening. I mean if Santa is supposed to eat a plate of them every house he goes to, that belly is not going to be hard to maintain. Treats are always around during this time of year. Like Santa we are greeted with a plate of cookies at every house. The key is to not try every kind of cookie (like I like to do), but instead to treat yourself to a cookie and then eat some of those cut up veggies that are always left untouched. You'll probably actually be more excited about the prospect of the cookies if you don't overdose every time you are greeted by them.

Now back to Santa. Guys the big man would be silly and slightly pedophilish as a skinny man. He is such a wonderful fat man, so putting him on a diet of veggies would be about as good of the idea of make the cookie monster the veggie monster. Yeah not so much.

I love cookies. I love chocolate. I love cake. Call me a bad example for the rest of the American population if you want, but I WILL NOT BE CHANGED. I am in love with sugar, but that does not mean that I have to overindulge. Santa only gets those cookies once a year. I think if you leave him some celery sticks you'll probably get coal, but I'm just bffs with the big guy. What do I know?

Happy Eating!!!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment