Monday, December 14, 2009

Klutz

I am a klutz. My dad always told me that my middle name should have been grace, so that I would have some grace in my life. Unfortunately for me, my dad did not have this revelation until the second time I cracked open my chin playing in the yard. Is it too late for a name change?

Matt loves to snowmobile. He grew up in New Hampshire, so it kind of makes sense. Unfortunately for him, I am a big fan of watching the snow FROM A WINDOW. When I was little I would go out, and come inside as soon as possible. I liked the snow. Ok let me rephrase I liked the idea of snow, but the actual cold wet stuff, eh not so much a fan.

Ever since I started dating Matt, he has talked about going snowmobiling with me. I gave it a try last winter with his sister, but for some reason Matt and I never went. Fast forward to this weekend. There is a foot of snow on the ground in NH and Matt was itching for some snowmobiling. Matt's sister, knowing of my iffy background with life, decided it was smarter to let me ride on the back while she drove. Matt put me on the front and decided that I needed to drive. BAD IDEA!!!!

Round and round we go and I'm doing ok. Then I hit the gas and the GINORMOUS machine starts to tip. I really wasn't terribly excited about the prospect of my right leg being crushed into a bazillion pieces so I bailed. Years of experience falling has given me a talent in bailing. Arms off and FALL. Yeah it's a talent. Maybe I should be a stunt woman. They make a lot of money doing what I do on a daily basis.

The end result, Matt's baby went into a rock. He will not be letting me drive again. I could have warned him, I tried to warn him, and now $70 later he has learned. It could have been much worse. I could have been hurt, or Matt. Neither of us are made of plastic and our parts don't cost $70 to fix. My finger was jammed a little. It hurts a little if I use it too much, but it's not terrible. My chin didn't crack open.

On a lighter note I made a perfect batch of fudge. Maybe gracefulness isn't needed in a kitchen. Or maybe things just make sense inside my kitchen. Outside there are icy sidewalks and bumps in the road. Potential hazards are all around me outside. In the kitchen I have a pot and a spoon, some knives yes, but I know how to use those, and things just makes sense.

Of course after I cleaned up my kitchen, made myself a cup of tea, and went to sit down on the couch I spilled boiling hot water all down my leg. Are you sure it's not too late for a name change?

Happy Eating!!!

Emily

1 comment:

  1. No worries about the klutziness streak. Any photos of the fudge?? :)

    ReplyDelete