Saturday, December 5, 2009

It is snowing




What says holidays to you more than the Rolling Stone Magazine. Ok yeah not so much my idea of holiday cheer, but the magazine has decided to take on some culinary-type ventures and they announced it just in time for the holidays. I doubt the ability of these music people to do food. Have you ever eaten at a Hard Rock Cafe? It's basically a TGI Fridays with a little bit of music paraphernalia. I guess people don't go to these types of establishments for a Michelin worthy meal.

My real question to all of this is, do we really need another one of these chains. I know journalism people and I know food people. I wouldn't trust my food choices to journalism people, so I'm really hoping they hired some good food people in this venture. Either way I think the whole thing is really funny and definitely something (if it actually takes off) Matt will say we should go see...you know just to see.

In other news, Matt's goal for me today was and I quote "you're not going to cry." What have I done to this poor guy! I had breakfast with a wonderful friend, got lost in Walmart and found out that Coke is selling these amazing round Christmas bottles (I know so cool), helped a good friend with some internet stuff, ate dinner and took a nap. It was actually the most amazing nap I had in a long time. Matt was wonderful enough to just let me sleep. I think he thought as long as I wasn't crying we were good.

Right now I am watching the Santa Clause movies and looking at the beautifully lit tree Matt and I are sitting under in the picture. I'm also thinking hot chocolate is probably going to be necessary in the near future. Finals? Yeah they are still looming. Life is a progression, and today I made progress. What progress? I didn't cry.

Happy Eating!!!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment