Friday, December 11, 2009

Paper Papers Papers

I see letters, words, paragraphs, and pages in my sleep. 5-7 pages to be exact. Everything has to be 5-7 pages. Some become 10. Some barely eek out 5. Some fall beautifully in the 6 category. Those don't normally get privileged enough to receive dreams. Dreams are for the bad papers. The papers that make no sense. The papers that are completely incoherent and already 5 pages too long. Scrap it, dream for a week about it, and then rewrite it. Writers block? Ha! You have to be kidding this is more a case of writers diarrhea. It just keeps coming and coming and nothing is coming out solid. Ok I'm going to end that analogy before this becomes more visually nauseating than I already have made it.

I have obviously been drowning in papers. There really is nothing I can do about it. Little by little things are starting to come out ok. My ethics professor told me that he has not returned my second draft of my paper to me, because he could only find 2 things to fix and he knows if he looks a little deeper he can find more. Thaaaanks! I mean just what I always wanted; someone trying their hardest to find my errors.

I'm sure you are all wondering the result of this writers diarrhea on my every day life. I didn't eat dinner till 9 p.m. last night. When I did eat, it was a three egg "omelet" with cheese. I use the word omelet lightly here because I don't know if you can call three eggs scrambled slightly in the pan with adobo and cheese an omelet. It's more or less scrambled eggs. I am literally at the stage in my stress where I don't enjoy food. You know when you get the stomach flu and you never want to see another piece of food again. Yup I'm there and I get it just from writing too many papers.

Thankfully I am making strides at reducing the stress, achieving my goals, and beginning to enjoy food again.

Today I had a doughnut for breakfast. For lunch I went with Matt to Wendys. For dinner we are hitting up Pizza Hut. Greasy food might be terrible for you after a stomach flu, but after writers flu it hits the spot. Thankfully greasy food hits the spot for Matt every time, so I am always in luck.

Christmas is a stressful time of year whether you are in college and dealing with finals or not. There are Christmas cards to send out and cookies to bake. And presents to buy for your favorite blogger. (That is probably stressing you out more than anything.) It is rather easy to let all of the "holiday fun" leave us feeling emptied out and sick. Breathe and say no to making a Christmas card with a picture of you on it. We all just make fun of those. Let's be honest with ourselves and end the narcissistic habit. Then eat lots of cookies, drink some hot cocoa, and pretend there is an awful snow storm and cancel all plans for at least a day.

Happy Eating!!!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment