Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A rack of lamb?

Foodies everywhere ought to be buzzing and watching Top Chef Las Vegas. Padma is back with the whole gang and it looks like the addicting Top Chef has officially returned. The chefs look talented and creative. The food is making my mouth water. I'm hooked, but were we really expecting anything less.

Nestle cookie dough is also officially back on the shelves of grocery stores everywhere after the E.Coli hiatus. The new and improved cookie dough has a warning label and a blue stamp making it clear which cookie dough is the new stuff and which is the old stuff. It's safe to say the dough is still not completely safe to eat...ummm duh! If the cookie dough was completely safe to eat and was also able to bake into a nice cookie, there would be some kind of strange chemical in the mix that would probably kill you in the long term.

I do love cookie dough no matter how bad it is for me. I actually think there is something about the fact that I could get sick from it. It also might be that my mom never let us eat cookie dough and when I was little I would sneak under the table with a piece of cookie dough and eat it hoping my mom didn't see. She might have still seen it, but she never said a word. Now that I am an adult and can eat all of the cookie dough I want I feel empowered eating it; well that and it tastes pretty good.

Just because Nestle premade cookie dough is back on the market doesn't mean that you need to buy it. It takes only a few minutes to mix up a batch of cookie dough, and it'll taste a lot better. I love cookie dough because you really can do anything with it. There are certain ingredients you need: butter, flour, sugar-white and brown, eggs, and baking soda. Then there are some ingredients that you can add: chocolate chips, cocoa powder, almonds, cinnamon, pistachios, and white chocolate. I can promise you that whatever you create does not come in a tube from the Nestle company.

Over all my favorite part of Top Chef tonight was the chef who decided that his vice was going to be plastic surgery since they were in Las Vegas. He made a "rack" of lamb and sauce from two nice "jugs" of coconut. Seriously where do they find these people? The cooking industry is never short of wonderful characters who can creatively cook something unforgetable. If there was ever a job I would want to take away from Gail Simmons, it would be judging Top Chef; for now I will just imagine the flavors, lack of flavors, and over flavors while watching the show.

Happy Eating!!!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment