Friday, August 14, 2009

It's a love story baby just say yes

I tend to despise Taylor Swift, but I am full of contradictions lately. A good friend presented me with an impossible task and with the support of the saint I call a boyfriend and my family, I believe I will take on the challenge. This Valentine's Day instead of going out to a fancy place to eat or spending a quiet night in with my valentine, I will be driving 5.5 hours to PA with my Valentine (we hardly survive a car ride without a good knock down blow out fight, so we have that to look forward to)and spending most of the night making sure the cakes are done enough so that the next day I will be able to complete a masterpiece of a cake for my friend and her 200 guests.

This week I will be doing a cake tasting, so hopefully everything goes well. I am actually really excited about my mission impossible and the many adventures that will most likely go along with it.

In other news the French have done it again. There was a study done in Paris that found that eating chocolate can cut chances of recurring heart disease after a heart attack. Now we're not talking about wimpy chocolate here; the study found the best results were found when the person ate chocolate two or more times a week. Of course the article went on to warn about the dangers of overeating chocolate and being fat...blah blah blah. The important thing is that chocolate is good for you; I've been telling people this for a while now, but obviously we have some proof. Eat your chocolate and be healthy!

I'm afraid because of working longer today I haven't gotten the chance to sit down with my mom and get the recipe for corn pie. I have a little more time tomorrow so hopefully it'll be on here then. In the mean time my puppy is fast asleep on my couch with me and I am happily enjoying watching Monk(happily because I made some cookies when I got home and cookies always put me in a happy place).

Happy Eating!!!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment