Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Maybe you should have paid for some gun aiming classes

I really could not miss sharing this story with you. A man in Washington had a possum problem; I guess the possum was eating his chickens(if you raise chickens it's either for eggs or for chicken meat, but either way I don't think you'd want a possum eating them). All I can say is that must have been one large possum, but anyway he heard a noise from the chickens and decided that it was time for the possum to meet its maker. I kind of picture this 61 year old man like a little kid playing cowboys and indians and he just got a brand new gun to play with. He grabs his .22 caliber pistol and walks out, he sees the possum, and *drum roll please* shoots his leg. Somehow he fired the gun before he was supposed to and it ended up shooting his thigh.

One of my roommates is from Washington state and she is much more of a lover than a fighter. I don't know if you could classify most people in Washington state to be like her, but I am guessing this man might have been more of a lover than a fighter(which would explain his lack of gun prowess). If I were him I wouldn't have told the paper about the incident. I would have lied, so they didn't take my gun away from endangerment of self. My own gunning(totally not a word) abilities are limited to shooting tin cans when I was little with my dad's guns, but I do know that shooting yourself is kind of embarrassing.

Speaking of roommates I am getting ready to move back to school and getting my recipes ready so I can eat good food fast when I'm tired and overworked from school. It really isn't that hard to come up with meals, but once I'm in the thick of it I can be like the man trying to shoot the possum. I have the best of intentions and I end up shooting myself in the leg by skipping a meal and eating a ton of snacks before bed. It normally ends in tears and frustration.

This year I'm trying to be proactive about this problem by thinking of meals and how to avoid this frustration now. Maybe I'll actually get through the year without shooting myself in the leg, then again maybe not.

Happy Eating!!!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment