Friday, October 16, 2009

Mmm the kitchen has that burnt toaster smell right now

This weekend I had a laundry list of homework. 5-7 page paper on Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad, rewrite on an article I wrote, Nietzsche quiz, history reading...yeah if you aren't pitying me by now you are heartless and cruel.

So long lists of homework demand extreme measures. I am a professional procrastinator; to fight my serious flaw I decided I would bar myself in Matt's apartment and not leave until all of my homework was finished.

While this whole plan may sound strange, it was actually working. I had almost all of my work done before dinner. I knew that I didn't want to spend a long time on dinner, so I had bought a frozen stir fry thing at Trader Joes. I'm not very graceful in my own kitchen, so you can imagine the grace I possess in other people's kitchens.

All I had to do was heat the rice and heat the chicken and vegetable. I get the chicken and vegetables going. I reach over and turn on the burner for the rice. GAAAAAAAAHH!!! I turned on the wrong burner and Matt leaves his toaster on his stove. Yeah the burning plastic smell pretty much filled the kitchen. I was hoping beyond hope that somehow the burning plastic didn't affect the actual workingness of the toaster. Yup not so lucky. I tried to toast some bread. I clicked it down and down and down again and it just kept popping up.

Oh yeah dinner, it was burning by now. I texted Matt and told him that I needed to buy him a new toaster. I don't think he's ever going to leave me alone in his apt again, and I just found a cure for my procrastination. Oh life!

Happy Eating!!!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment