Monday, October 26, 2009

Here we go again

I woke up this morning with a list of things to do that should have taken me a week. I had a day. On my way home from my Beat Reporting class, i.e. only class I have on Mondays (nothing like waking up and getting to class at 7:45 to turn around and leave 2 hours later), I decided that it was going to take drastic measures to keep me in my apartment till I had 10 pages written for my Moving in Moving out (I've shortened it to MiMo; kind of catchy don't you think?)class.

Emergency College Kit:

Vanilla Coca Cola - I know I know I'm normally a soda hater, but by not drinking it all of the time I actually am affected by its caffeine content. A little bit of sugar and a little bit of caffeine in a tasty treat, kept me going even when I hit my 7 page slump.

Gummy Bears - I am really not sure who doesn't like gummy bears. These little guys are just so yummy and they can be sucked on while an important thought is about to be thrown on the page, or they can be chewed while you're trying to think of the right word.

Dorritos snack mix - Sweet and salty is such a beautiful combination. I didn't want to eat all of my chips or snacks for the week. This week is going to be hard enough; I won't have the time to run to the store for extra food. The snack mix was perfect. It had pretzels and Dorritos and Sun Chips. Really you can't go wrong.

College does awful things to people. Just when you think that you have everything under control you walk into that only class you have Monday and the professor dumps an 800-1,000 word election story on you. In a matter of minutes, I can go from happy to stressed. Thankfully I know what I need to get me through, and the people I love stay extra close to me understanding my instant mood swings. My mom and Matt are better than all of the Vanilla Cokes in the world. They are sweet with a little bit of energy added.

After accomplishing as much as I possibly could today, I knew that I needed a good meal. While answering my ethics questions for my midterm (over and over out loud; my poor neighbors got quite the ethics lecture), I breaded and fried some chicken and cooked up some rice. This may not sound like that much of an accomplishment, but I was able to make enough for dinner tomorrow. When I have a study session after class, my tummy won't be rumbling now. I also cleaned up all of the dishes and left my kitchen completely clean. I doubt that I will ever accomplish as much in a day as I do now as I attend Emerson. I guess as long as Walgreens sells Vanilla Coke, Gummy Bears, and salty snacks I will survive with a full stomach.

Happy Eating!!!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment