Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Baked Macaroni and Cheese please

I think after a day of thought I have actually solved the mystery of why Matt did not like the baked mac and cheese yesterday. First of all, I took an unofficial poll of a bunch of my guy friends and not one of them liked baked mac and cheese. I think it has to do with a lack of meat, but that doesn't make me less sad for them.

How could you ever not enjoy 15 kinds of cheese, noodles, and milk with a bread crumb top. Well that bread crumb top leads to the second reason Matt did not appreciate my culinary creation. Matt just doesn't like bread crumbs. Really I do not understand this at all, but he doesn't (bread toasted and crumbled up, did I tell you my brother refused to eat butter for a good ten years...it's a first boy kind of thing I guess). So pretty much one of my favorite meals is out when Matt's around and the reason, oh yeah just my favorite part of one of my favorite meals...THE BREADCRUMBS!!! Have I said how much I love this boy today?

Ok well let me back track now and go back to how to make the baked mac and cheese. It is so easy and probably not how you would ever make baked mac and cheese from a cookbook. I tend to just make things up as I go along.

Cook up a bag of noodles. I always mean to make them less cooked, but then I forget to pull them out in time. Just cook the noodles. Cut abut half the block of cheddar cheese into smallish squares. Place the cooked noodles into a pan (all I had was a 13x9 pan, but my mom has these wonderful casserole dishes that would work good too). Add mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, and about a cup of milk to the noodles. Sprinkle on some Parmesan cheese. Cover the top with breadcrumbs and a few tablespoons of butter. Cover the mac and cheese. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes. The cheese should be all melty.

I honestly have no idea how this could not make anyone happy. It is just a melty dish of deliciousness to me. The other amazing thing about baked mac and cheese is that it fills me up so much. All I need is a bowl and I'm happy as a clam. It's also great for a reheated meal. I had some for lunch today.

You are probably wondering what was up with the video I posted yesterday. Matt really wants to create videos, so that all of you can see what we're creating. He's very good with video, but as it turns out I'm not. I might have just been tired yesterday, so don't worry we'll try again. I kind of had a few fails before I nixed the whole video idea. Matt was very good to cut me off before anyone could hear me telling the world that he was making me do the video. Again how I love this boy.

Happy Eating!!!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment