Saturday, January 9, 2010

Warning: Hope you've already eaten dinner



I was sitting in the airport for a long while yesterday. Delta there are times when I wonder how you function on a daily basis. One more shout out to Southwest and then I'm done whining.

Anyway all of this airport lingering made for an abundance of HLN viewing in the terminal. Somewhere between the story about the 5 story icicle in Philly and oh-my-goodness it's cold in South Dakota story, they ran this PSA ad. The soda industry is not happy about the ad. Holy nose-cicles batman! I personally wanted to throw up watching it. There is something about fatty substances that aren't crispy and pork like that kind of makes me want to vomit.

The message of this ad is very important. I am in a constant battle against soda. It's not that I am not a big fan of Coca Cola, because I am. I am just against the daily consumption of such products. I was never raised with soda in the house. We had soda when we had pizza or family over, and whatever was left over normally didn't get used up. A glass of soda equaled a sweet. I could have 3 cookies instead of that glass of soda.

Water, juice, TEA, there are so many other liquids worth consuming. I won't judge if you're a coffee lover. There is just nothing redemptive about soda. You might as well be drinking glasses of fat.

As a treat I think soda is a very wonderful thing. Think of it as dessert. Most people don't have it every day, and in small portions it is rather tasty. Speaking of desserts, my birthday is coming up. I'm thinking chocolate cake with peanut butter icing.

Happy Eating!!!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment