Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Bacon and Shrimp...I must be on vacation


The one thing I look forward to on vacation is eating some good food. I mean I try to eat good food on a regular basis, but on vacation I try extra hard to eat good food. Today we went out to lunch and dinner. Breakfast was continental at the place we are staying.

I know a lot of people who are not fans of the bagel and cereal and fruit continental breakfast, but when it's free can you really be upset about it. My problem with these breakfasts is that I always pick a bagel and I always wait for 5 years by the toaster. Yeah I know it sounds like a personal problem to me too. Maybe I'll go for cereal tomorrow. When do I ever get the chance to eat cocoa crispies. Did I mention I try not to eat very healthy on vacation?

I was fairly hungry by the time lunch came around and cold. Yes you can narrow our vacation location to the East coast, because the entire East Coast is blanketed in frigid temperatures. Oh Global warming, how lovely you look right about now. Hungry and cold meant I wanted something comforting and fatty for lunch. We ate at a fish place, but I was not into fish, so I went for the BLT. This place appeared to do a BLT right. I mean look at all of that bacon. It sure was tasty, and it was the good crispy bacon that really isn't chewy. Chewy bacon is hard to eat in a sandwich. I normally eat half the bacon in one bite, because it all falls out of the sandwich.

After such a hit at lunch, I was a little worried about dinner. One can only pick the perfect meal choice so many times before they pick a dud. We went to The Bonefish Grill, and were told by the expert (Uncle Bud) that the Bang Bang Shrimp tacos were amazing. Taking his advice seemed like the most reasonable option. Aside from being bothered by the annoyingly calm way the waitstaff talked, the food was amazing. The tacos were a little spicy, but the flavor was wonderful. They were breaded from what I could tell and then tossed in the "Bang Bang" sauce. It was sweet and spicy with tropical flavors. It definitely had the creaminess of coconut milk, and there was a tang like pineapple.

The tacos were accompanied by homemade potato chips. It was great, because when the tacos became too spicy, you could just eat the chips. I am a little bothered that they taught their waitstaff to talk in calming soothing voices and that they wore white chef coats. Sometimes you can look beyond some of these things in order to eat some bangin tacos. Oh yeah you knew it was coming.

Happy Eating!!!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment