Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Happy Birthday to me


That there in the picture was my 21 year old self. Happy goofy carefree, guys, those were the days. Today at 6 pm I turn 22. The highlight of my day was going bra shopping at Walmart and going with my mom to her therapy appointment. Well really the highlight of my day was watching the man fix my computer, but a birthday should have many highlights right?

Monday I promised my chocolate cake with peanut butter icing recipe. It really is a staple at any of our birthday celebrations. I suggest you make this recipe pronto. I am told I will not be getting my cake till tomorrow. There are times when I just feel the love.

Moist Chocolate Cake
2 cups of Flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cups of cocoa
2 cups of sugar
1 and 3/4 cups of oil
1 cup of hot coffee
1 cup of milk
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla

Pour all of the dry ingredients into a bowl or mixer. Mix. Add oil, coffee, and milk. Mix till smooth. Make sure there isn't a pocket of dry ingredients at the bottom of the bowl. Add the vanilla and eggs one at a time. Mix well. Pour into a greased 13x9 inch pan. Bake at 325 for 40-45 minutes. Test with a toothpick.

Peanut Butter Icing
Ok I don't really use a recipe for this, but here's the basics. 1/4 cup of peanut butter. 1/4 cup of butter. Blend. Add a couple tablespoons of milk and some confectionery sugar. Here's the part I never keep track of. You add the confectionery sugar till it's the consistency of icing. If it gets too hard add some more milk. If it starts to taste a little too sweet, add some more peanut butter. Simple, a breeze, and normally a great idea to liven up a chocolate cake.

"It all leads back to bras in life." Some things never change in life. Like I said earlier I went bra shopping with my mom and sister. I came home with two bras, tried them on, and now I am back to square one. Mara and mom ended up with two more bras and all of the other stuff they found. This would be the reason that, when someone is foolish enough to ask me to marry them, I will be taking numbers on people who want to come dress shopping with me. If I take theses two, they'll end up with dresses and I won't.

22 seems rather old to me. I remember when I was little and was going to be married with 2 kids by the time I was 22. Now I just wish I could go back to being 16 and making my brother, sister, mom, and dad chocolate cake with peanut butter icing. Ok enough whining. It's time for me to go and examine my old bras before my mom and sister convince me that we need another shopping trip tomorrow. I'm really thinking the ones I have could last till I can shop alone again. You need to go make some cake or cupcakes. Someone should enjoy some cake on my birthday!

Happy Eating!!!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment