Monday, November 30, 2009

Men don't know it's bad for them

Ok men listen up. Eating processed meats is bad for you. That's bacon, sandwich meat, sausage, and yes hotdogs. You are more likely to get bowel cancer if you eat too much of this food. If that doesn't sound like a pleasant way to die to you, I would have to agree. The cure is easy. Be sparing with your processed meats. The problem is that most men are not aware of this. No offense gentlemen, this is not shocking to me. You know how I know this. My mom made sure we ate turkey everything. I did not eat real bacon till I was maybe five and visiting my Titi Stella. I still remember that wonderful moment of bacon fat melting in my mouth. My dad probably would not have taken his high cholesterol so serious. Women doesn't it feel good to know we're needed for something?

In other more exciting news, CBS did a study and found raw chicken has bacteria on it. For all of you raw chicken fans out there, I am sorry but you will be sick if you eat if you eat raw chicken. Really CBS? Did ABC beat you out on all of the interesting investigative reporting?

If raw chicken had no bacteria on it, I would not eat it, because it would mean that there is probably no nutrients in the chicken. If you want my dad to talk to you for a while, just bring up milk and how it has no nutrients in it anymore. "All of the nutrients in the milk are killed when they pasteurize and homogenize. That's why it's safe for weeks." In some ways he's right. All of the stuff we do to food kills all of the bad stuff. It kills the good stuff too. Milk doesn't even have that much calcium left in it by the time you get to it. You'd be better off taking a calcium pill.

I didn't risk my life by handling raw chicken tonight. Although I would have loved living on the edge by considering, to wash or to not wash my hands. Don't worry, don't worry, I always wash my hands after handling raw chicken. As you might recall there was a moment when I ate cooked chicken off the floor, not my proudest moment. We all have our moments. I am positive if CBS tested that piece of chicken, they would have found some disease on it. Now that story I would have taken more seriously.

Happy Eating!!!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment