Thursday, November 19, 2009

Leggo my eggo...no I'm serious LET IT GO

In case you missed the news, Eggo waffles might not be on the shelves when you go to look for them in the next couple of months. Two of the four plants that produce the tasty frozen waffles are not producing them for various reasons, so Eggo lovers are out of luck.

First of all how many of you are shocked that all of those yummy frozen waffles are made in only four plants. Oooh Me! Me! Pick me! I guess I imagine the waffle market to be a tad bit larger than it really is. See we didn't actually own a waffle maker, so Eggo got quite a bit of business from my family when we were growing up.

I would like to know where all of the store brand waffles are made. Honestly they taste the same as Eggo, so are they made in the Eggo plant? Are we looking at a lack of waffles across the board? Yeah that would be devastating. My days of waffle eating are over, but think of all of those other little children who want their Eggos before school.

Matt's friend Trevor, who informed me of this waffle shortage, said his mom would make waffles and then freeze them so he could toast them just like you would toast an Eggo waffle. Trevor's mom is pretty smart. I've never met the woman, but honestly she sounds like supermom to me. You know those moms that put homemade cookies in their children's lunches every day. It's so cute and nauseating all at the same time. I only say nauseating of course, because I know I will never be that mom. I'll be a "leave some things to the professionals" mom, just like my mom. We all know Campbells Chicken Noodle soup makes you feel warm and cozy. Why waste all of that time making homemade soup? That's prime book reading, cuddling, and hanging out time.

Yeah I just totally made my mom look like a better mom for opening a can of Campbells. I really should get paid for this kind of advertising.

Happy Eating!!!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment