Wednesday, November 18, 2009

It's just paper right?



The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization decided that we can erradicate world hunger at the price tag of $44 billion a year. That's one hefty price tag. The G8 summit pledged 20 billion over 3 years...pshhh pennies. And the best part no one really knows how that money will affect the problem. Well you know guys it's not $44 billion, so it's not going to save the world.

Where did the FAO come up with this number? I have no clue, but I am pretty sure that someone was being paid to come up with the number. This is the part I have a problem with. Why do we pay out millions of dollars to find out that the problem could be fixed with billions of dollars. Supposedly the Boston T was found to be dangerous and there is no money to fix it. How much did they pay the man to find out what they probably already knew? It's my section of the T too, so when you hear that the redline derailed and some crazy person was yelling from the wreckage, "HOW COME YOU COULD FIND THE MONEY TO DO THE STUDY AND NOT TO FIX THE PROBLEM!" Yeah you'll know what's going on. Ugh ok stepping off of soapbox.

So I can't imagine a million dollars. I have never even had a hundred dollars physically in my hands. It just seems like a tremendous amount of cash. I'm sure billions could save the world; with billions I could probably save the world and shop at Whole Foods.

I don't know about you, but I was not shocked this week when I found out that Whole Foods stock went down. I mean I'm going to buy a whole roasting chicken for $3 at Price Rite instead of spending $12 at Whole Foods. It's kind of a no-brainer. Speaking of roast chickens and no-brainers, how amazing does my roast game hens look? I know you're salivating. I was too at 8 at night when the dinner still wasn't done.

They were super easy. I just cut up an onion, a potato, and carrots. I covered the hens with adobo and garlic and roasted them at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for an hour. The wait was worth it. It was like biting into home, and for leftovers I can't wait to make pasta, chicken, and broccoli tomorrow night. Don't you just love a meal that can be transformed into a completely separate meal? It's like leftovers only way better. Maybe newovers, hmm now that is some food for thought.

Happy Eating!!!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment