Sunday, February 21, 2010

On my way to the food pyramid



It is a Sunday. I left the house once to go to church. The rest of the day I spent in my room doing homework. Days like these really test my real-meal-for-dinner goal. I try really hard, but quite often I resort to eggs and toast.

I ate the last of my eggs, but yesterday I bought b-e-a-u-tiful asparagus at Whole Foods. That's half way to a great meal! I thawed a pork chop that was too small to make when Matt's over, and dinner is served.

Well ok raw asparagus and a thawed pork chop don't exactly make an edible dinner. I chopped off the ends of the asparagus, placed them on a baking sheet, drizzled them in olive oil a good friend of mine brought me from her journeys in Italy, and sprinkled them with Adobo. I stuck them in the oven at 375 F and roasted them for 20 minutes. You can see how amazing they looked when they came out of the oven. Imagine the self-control it took to actually take pictures and not just devour the asparagus.

I broiled the pork chop. Broiling is such a wonderful way to cook meat. Just broil on one side till it has some color to it, flip it over, and cook till done. Amazing! It was Matt who turned me on to broiling meat, so I'm going to give credit where credit is deserved here. It is just so easy and fast; leave it to a guy to give it a try first.

Once the meat and asparagus were cooked, I had a completely amazing meal. It's not easy cooking for one. I think the hardest part is motivation, but when a complete meal is only 30 minutes away there really are no excuses.


Happy Eating!!!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment