Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Chocolate solves all of life's problems

I am a big fan of the powers of chocolate. So is Matt, but I think that's just because if he stuffs some chocolate in my mouth I'll most likely shut up and apologize for being mean. According the Daily Beast Peru is beginning to learn the powers of chocolate.

Farmers in Peru are beginning to plant cacao, or the bean that makes chocolate, instead of coca, the plant that makes the very real and scary drug, cocaine. Supposedly Peru is number 2 to Columbia in Cocaine production, and a special U.S. agency is trying to change things around. They want Peru to be known for chocolate.

I really want the best for Peru. I mean if I were a country, I wouldn't want to be known as a second biggest cocaine producer. Can you imagine being number 2? It's like saying yeah you're almost a bad ass country that everyone is scared of, but not quite. That's just sad. Now IF I had the opportunity to be known as the country that was producing the most amazing cacao (chocolate) anyone had ever tasted, I'd be totally running the UN.

Chocolate creates happiness. My roommate received a package from her mom a few days ago. On the top of the package was a bag of chocolate. Her face lit up and instantly she was saying how amazing her mom was. She hadn't even eaten the chocolate yet.

Sharing a chocolate fix is almost as good as getting one for yourself. I already shared the recipe for these chocolate peanut butter Kandy Kakes bars on the blog, but in case you forgot about it check it out and get your chocolate-peanut butter-Tasty Cake-fix. Your world and the world of the person you might have freaked out at, because you were running low on chocolate, will thank you for it.

Happy Eating!!!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment