Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cheap is embarrassed at you right now

I enjoyed free pancakes with my wonderful boyfriend at IHOP this morning. For lunch I treated Matt to $5 foot long sandwiches at Subway. I don't mind being a cheap date. If it's free pancake day, you can bet that I am going to suggest that instead of eating oatmeal at home we go for the free pancakes.

There is a difference between being thrifty when thinking food and being classlessly cheap. I felt terrible at breakfast when our waiter was running around like a crazy person. He looked like he was having an awful day, and I knew he probably wasn't being tipped very well if at all. When people are thinking free meal, they normally aren't thinking about that poor waiter; so I made sure I tipped him very well. I hope other people thought the same thing and were nice to that poor waiter.

Chow.com highlighted a piece today about this woman who went on youtube to talk about how she steals stuff from all-you-can-eat buffets. Warning this is pathetic.



She literally gives examples of how to snag bags of food. This girl does not look starving. She looks like she is wearing half decent clothes with obviously semi-impressive video and editing software.

I am not a fan of all-you-can-eat dinners. I don't eat enough to make the meal worth it. That does not mean that I would stoop low enough to take extra food, because I might be hungry later. Pardon the rant, but I just couldn't handle this low-class display of cheap.

Happy Eating!!!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment