Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I really don't want to know...

Being a terribly public person now that I announce to the internet world what I'm eating and how I'm eating it, it is hard to believe that there are things that I would rather not know. This week a plethora(I love that word and hope that you use it at least once today)of things have crossed my path that I would rather not know.

Number one on the list and the only food related one is a story in Biloxi Mississippi Sun Herald about the smell of pig farms. People are suing the farmers because of the stench. I grew up in the country near plenty of farms and it is true that pig poo smells worse than most poo. Why in the world though would someone feel the need to sue the farmers because their pigs poo? People frustrate me. I bet those same people eat pork chops and don't think twice about the fact that whereever those pork chops came from originally probably smelled like pig poo. Come on people!!! If you want to eat the food, then let the farmers do their job and stop complaining about the silly things.

My mom and I used to always joke about fresh country air scented things, because real fresh country air smells like manure(at least it does where I am from). Anyone who envisions a fresh country air that smells like the flowery and at times semi-nauseating sweetness found in that candle, probably should stick to living in a cute little developement close to the city. If you can't handle the country get out; please don't sue the farmers who already work 7 days a week 365 days a year.

Emerson College is the most dangerous college in the country. You know that sweet little school with all of the artsy free thinking students that I attend; yes it happens to be the most dangerous school in the country. I knew that the Boston Common smelled like urine every time I passed it, and that there was always an overabundance of homeless people on benches. BUT most dangerous!!! Come on people how are you judging this? Whether true or a faulty study because Emerson Police have to report violance within a certain area around the college and not just violance that happens to students, this really is just something I'd rather not know.

Just as a side note. Emerson Security is a full time joke. I walked in one day and the man said, "leave now, because I have an emergency I'm dealing with." WHY WOULD ANYONE WALK INTO YOUR OFFICE IF THEY DIDN'T ALREADY HAVE AN EMERGENCY??? I felt oh so safe after that moment in my Emerson history, and am hopeful that maybe this study will force the college to hire someone else to help that poor man deal with more than one emergency.

25 drug dealers were arrested in an area of Boston I traverse every day. Supposedly the one woman was dealing crack cocaine out of her baby's stroller. Why? I really feel like that is the only thing I can say right now. Let that why sink in for you and maybe you'll come up with a better question. Honestly just one more thing I wish I didn't know today.

Now I get to give you some factoids you might not have asked for but I am sure you will want to know. The burrito makings that were left over made the best lunch today. I just put the rice, beans, and ribs in a container; heated them in a container and just ate it like a fake version of red rice and beans. I am still eating my homemade bagels and in love with my own creation; probably a little self-indulgant of me, but it happens with me and bready things. Well it's time for tea and organization before my monstrous day tomorrow.

Happy Eating!!!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment