Friday, September 11, 2009

Gas Stove oh how I love you


I just ate dinner(chicken pot stickers from Trader Joes, because I needed something easy on my first night here) and I got to use my gas stove again. I wanted to kiss it after I was done.

The ability to be home and turning a switch for a real fire to heat my food and not just a hot coil. What is it about a fire that makes me happier? Oh come on, that's like asking why my dad feels that spraying hairspray in a fire to watch it get bigger is fun. It just is.

Not only can you make your own smores by toasting marshmallows inside on a freezing cold night. But you can also broil a pork chop to perfection.

The other thing I love about gas stoves is that the cleaning is a breeze. Whoever thought of putting those silly tin things under the heat coils was probably on drugs. Have you ever tried to clean one of those things? Some people cover them in aluminum foil so when they get dirty they can just throw away the aluminum foil and there is no scrubbing involved, but that just looks kind of icky. Other people, like me, grab an S.O.S pad and scrub their little hearts out. Normally this will get most of the gunk off, but your fingers might hate you. Still other people just buy new ones every time they get dirty. I was never in a family privileged enough to feel that when you dirty something you just throw it away. Oh how my parents ruined me(said with the utmost facetiousness).

I am still rather sad about the fact that home seems so far away right now, but food really does cover a multitude of sadnesses. If you don't believe me please go out and buy Boursin garlic cheese and a package of water crackers. Sit in front of the TV or turn on your favorite cd and just dig in. It will be gone before you know it and you won't even feel bad. It's that good.

I know you all aren't feeling the sadness I am right now from lack of family and home, or maybe you are and you just don't have a public way of announcing it. The picture is one of my puppy who has nothing to do with food, but is right now sitting in a kennel wondering where her family went. She's going to get so big while I'm gone. Please humor me just this once and appreciate her adorableness.

Happy Eating!!!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment