Friday, May 8, 2009

Your food news source

I was going to start this during the school year, but that obviously didn't get very far. Expect food news, food information, and food commentary, oh and a couple of helpful hints here and there. I am a pastry chef getting a journalism degree. I have a lot of dreams and goals and you're welcome to come along for the ride.

At this very moment I am trying to decide what I will make for a Mother's Day lunch. My mom loves tea, so it's going to be biscotti for dessert. My biscotti are super easy. Find a recipe for chocolate chip cookies. Make it adding about 2 extra cups of flour and anything else you want. My personal favorites are pistachio white chocolate biscotti with a little bit of nutmeg or cranberry almond biscotti with a little bit of cinnamon. Be creative. Form the dough into a log. You will probably get at least two nice sized logs out of a recipe. Push down a little so it looks more like a speed bump and less like a baseball bat. Bake in the oven at 325 degrees fahrenheit till the top looks brown and cracked. Remove from the oven. Cut at an angle into thin (not too thin it'll break) slices while warm. Carefully place the cookies back on the baking sheet and back into the oven till they are golden brown and crunchy.

I have no idea what I will make for the real meal, but I guess I will have to decide quickly since Mother's Day is only 2 days away.

Happy Eating!!!

Emily

2 comments:

  1. that biscotti sounds easy and yummy! I do believe I'll try it one of these days. :-) And just to warn ya, I'll be visiting your blog again and again cuz your recipes sound de-lish, and I love the way you write! ttyl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for stopping by!!! there will be many more recipes to come

    Emily

    ReplyDelete