Saturday, May 23, 2009

Here comes the bride er cake...




I woke up early this morning and put all of these flowers on the cake. Honestly I could not see doing it any other way. It was so easy and so much fun. Real flowers look amazing and I chose ones that would survive through the heat of the day so they were just as perky and beautiful at 4 in the afternoon when they cut the cake.

I know that I have a pastry degree and at times I like to feel like you can only do things like this if you know what you're doing and have been trained, but in all reality this cake was more flower arranging and less pastry skill. It was just so much fun. After the disastrous frosting experience yesterday it was really nice to just enjoy decorating the cake today.

Enjoy the pictures and I promise you will not have to read about weddings for a long time. I am happy to announce the wedding cake saga over.

Happy Eating!!!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment